Have you ever had a USB/memory stick lying around and don’t really remember what is on it? The answer for most of us is likely, yes. But – sometimes – whatever is on that innocent looking USB/memory stick could be a true gold mine and actually hold valuable information that could totally change your business!
That’s how we feel about the USB/memory stick that was given out to all attendees at the recent Global Spa & Wellness Summit in Aspen, Colorado.
If you misplaced yours – or weren’t able to attend the Summit this year – we have, fortunately, been able to make each report available on our website.
Here is the list of 10 research studies included on that USB/memory stick:
- Civano Living, “Boomer Values Realignment Study” (for healthy communities)
Euromonitor, “Understanding the Global Consumer For Health & Wellness”
GSWS, “Industry Briefing Papers” (perspectives on industry innovation from around the world)
SRI “Spa Management Workforce & Education: Addressing Market Gaps”
IDEA, “Fitness Programs & Equipment Trends”
IHRSA, “The Global Report” (health club trends)
McCann Group, “The Truth About Beauty”
PKF, “Trends in the Hotel Spa Industry”
Smith Travel Research, “Data, Dollars, and Decisions” (benchmarking data for luxury hotels/spas)
SpaFinder, “2012 Spa Trend Report”
Not convinced yet? See if you can answer these questions.
- 1. Which beauty products are defying the recession?
2. What top 3 fitness activities have made the largest gains?
3. What is the current average treatment rate in luxury hotel spas?
4. What was the average treatment rate in luxury hotel spas in 2007?
5. What percent of total spa department revenue goes to labor?
You will find the answers in one of the 10 studies mentioned in this issue – or for convenience, below.
- a. Anti-aging Products
b. Multi-client share personal training, Indoor boot camp, and Dance